EWT Quick Guides to Arvixe Hosting
Notably, the Arvixe Web Hosting Company has been the most recommended hosts, offering reliable but affordable hosting plan for Oxwall and WordPress hosting. It is therefore no surprise at the number of contacts I receive everyday asking for guides on how to setup their Arvixe hosting account.
Some Unique Features of Arvixe
Arvixe is largely popular with WordPress users partly because it fully adheres to all WordPress hosting system requirements (basically the same story with every other cms out there). Also the compatibility issues with Joomla 3.0 has been fixed as it is now fully compatible with Joomla 3.0!
The prices are quite affordable, here at EWT we have rounded up a few coupon codes that will enable you to purchase cheap hosting services from Arvixe (as low as $0.01 for the first month and 20% discount for every purchase) you may check it out at the Arvixe coupon page.
The moment you click here should take you to the Arvixe landing page. Kindly follow the steps below to setup your hosting account.
- Domain Search: On the top-right hand side of your screen, you will see a box label ‘Domain Search’. This is where you look up domain names. Kindly type a domain name (e.g. www.yourwebsitereg) into the box and select a TLD (e.g. .com, .net, .org etc) from the dropdown just beside the input box.
Now click on the ‘Check Availability’ button. Please Note that the same method is applicable for both new domain registration and domain name transfer. The next page contains a list of TLD available for registration in regards to your search. If a domain name is available for registration, a button is placed just under it, you can simply click on this button to register the domain name. A button is used to denote that a TLD is neither available for new registration or for domain transfer.
- Domain Transfer: A button is placed below a TLD to signify that the domain name is not available for new registration but can be transferred to the Arvixe hosting account. You can also use this option if you are trying to transfer your domain name from a different domain name provider to Arvixe (Remember that Arvixe allows you to register 1 free domain name for life), so it’s quite a tempting offer for everyone.
- Now when you are done by selecting the options that fits your motives, you can proceed to the billing center by clicking on the next button at the top-right of the screen.
- Fill the required information on the billing form and click the next button.
- Select your hosting plan, eg. Personal Class, Personal Class Pro etc.
- From the drop down option choose a your model of payment e.g. 2years, 1year or payment on a monthly basis. Then click on Add to Cart to continue.
- The next page that comes up is where you select the services your opting for. You can choose whether you want to register a new domain name, transfer a domain name to Arvixe or simply point your domain name to Arvixe hosting. To do that, simply select the radio button corresponding to what you want to do and fill in your login details. Check the auto renew box if you want your account to be automatically renewed after expiration. Finally, click on next.
- Using Coupons: The coupon codes one way or the other minimize the cost of transaction for your hosting account. (Here at EWT we generate lots of coupon codes that offers you up to 20% discount for every purchase you make on Arvixe. You may check out this page for free Arvixe coupon codes). To use Promo/Coupon Code, paste your coupon code in the box at the top-right hand side of the screen and click use
Note that to use a coupon code, you need to do this before the above step (before clicking next in the previous step).
Some Problems you are Likely to Encounter while Signing Up
“Good things” they said, “don’t come so easy”, as a young man I don’t think I’d totally agree with that saying but creating an Arvixe account doesn’t come on a silver platter. You are bound to get stuck on the way and that is why I’m writing this step to step guide.
You are a Fraud
If you have just completed the above step and receive a welcome message telling you that your account is a fraud. Well, don’t panic over this, as Arvixe tends to dislodge any registration from some countries outside the US. In this state your account status should be showing ‘Unverified’, all you have to do is to verify your account.
How to Verify your Arvixe Account
If you are signing up from Nigeria, just give them a scan copy of your Voter’s Card/National ID/Driving Licence and a scan copy of your Visa card. That should be all.
If you are transfering to Arvixe, the whole process should take less than 48hours to complete. New registrars can proceed to their cpanel (your cpanel details will be mailed to you) and initiate the awesome!
Thanks for reading and Happy Sharing! Remember to contact the arvixe support should you ecounter any problem (those guys are ever ready to help out), if you have any question, contribution or suggestion feel free to use the comment box below, Nice to have you in our blog today 🙂
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - April 25, 2017
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - April 25, 2017
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - April 25, 2017