Your Oxwall Website can Grow – See Proven Techniques
In the last four years, I have watched tens of Oxwall users with potential genius ideas come and ago – I’ve even had the pleasure of working on some of this platform and discussed visions and ideas with the clients – only to come back a year later to meet an empty page.
While some are very convinced that Oxwall means failure for a developing site, some of my clients with me have found a way through the challenges and carved out a place for our names on the internet.
Where is your business?
Is your website even a business or just another name on the internet? The way you look at your website reflects your attitude towards it. If you are ever thinking of succeeding with your website, your first step is to start thinking of your website as a business – an investment. Keep track of every time spent, every last cent invested and try to set up a routine for your website – For instance, you can have a working time and a closing time.
Your working time should be fully dedicated to growing your website with undivided attention.
What to do with your working time?
Like I said, your working time should solely be dedicated to growing your website with undivided attention. The question on everyone’s mind then should be “How do I grow my website?”.
- Make it a Brand: How branded is your website? Does your website even have its own identity? Are you still using the stock words and layout that came with your Oxwall installation? Maybe, it’s time you consider changing them. It will also do you a lot of good to start using your own logo – your logo of course should be simple and clean – as favicon and image watermarks. Spend some bulks, take pictures with shirts that have your website logo on it, put your website logo in your YouTube videos and try to get as much attention as possible. If you have the $$$ spend a couple of them in sponsoring local events, print fliers, banners and whatever makes at least 5 persons know about your brand everyday.
- Try Contests & Giveaways: A lot of small companies and startups are begging to give away their products. All you have to do is find the ones related to what your Oxwall social network is all about and give away this products when a visitors complete a certain actions – Say, sign up on the site or refers a new user.
- Email Marketing is not Dead! With every smartphone user preferring WhatsApp messaging over emailing, a lot of people believe email marketing is dead… But come on, everyone still get to check their email at least once a day. Collect emails in whatever way you can, build a mailing list – Mailchimp is a free and premium email building service – Send them promotions and giveaways and above all, try not to spam them.
- A dollar a day: Social media marketing is one of the most effective means of marketing in the modern trend. There is nothing wrong and absolutely no shame in growing your website with Facebook. You can embrace the a dollar a day technic on Facebook to grow both your Facebook page likes and website visitors. Warning! Do not keep the page dry.
- Blogging, your new hobby: Write useful search engine friendly blog post that is related to your website. Assuming your website is a dating site, you can come up with a title like ‘Five things to observe in your first date’. It’s one of the easiest method to build your website using the power of search engines.
- Guest Post: Look up for blogs on the internet related to your website interest and contact the blog owners for an opportunity to guest post. If granted, write a decent article and try not to pay too much attention to link building, instead, mention your site name as much as you can, Google will do the rest.
Your Oxwall Website is the Future…
Your website which is now your business is the future, let people use it. According to ComScore, Pinterest was able to reach a global audience of 48.7 million users in just 3 years… Three years was enough for the company to beat its competitors and hit a remarkable height. For many today, the internet means Google, Facebook, Twitter and social networking at large. Where is your place on the internet?
Probably, the best way to get people to use your product is to let them know they can market theirs easily with yours. Why don’t you let developers promote themselves on your website by adding your website share button on their apps, website or email? While the new YourWebsite Share Button Oxwall plugin alone may not help you reach 48.7 million users in 3 years, it surely will help your website gain the much needed exposure and interaction for faster growth.
Statistic shows that well over 70% of pinterest users got to know about it through their share button (Pin Button). The moment you start using this plugin, you stopped being the only one desperate to grow your website: Website owners will display your share button in prominent places – especially when it’s a known brand – to get their users to share their contents on your website. When people see your share button, they want to know what the website is all about and from sharing one content, they become constant visitors and potential users.
Do not ruin it!
Everything is best in it’s simplest form, don’t over do it. There is certainly no point adding a plugin your users don’t need. If your website is already slow, why add an auto-load newsfeed plugin to make it slower? I personally hate videos and audios auto playing and I’m certain half of the world hates it too. No need to keep changing designs day in day out, instead, invest those time into something creative such as writing useful, search engine friendly articles on your blog page – as always, content, not design, is king.
Bottom line, be careful of what you turn your Oxwall website into. Avoid the use of unnecessary plugins and stick to one design you are okay with. As much as possible, try to keep it simple and watch your website grow majestically.
Over to you
Have I said it all? What don’t you agree with? Please share your views.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - April 30, 2017
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - April 30, 2017
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - April 30, 2017