How to Add Username in Telegram Messaging App
Like Twitter, Facebook (and now, Telegram), the use of usernames makes it easier to find and locate users on the website. However, finding or adding users by username isn’t something very common among mobile messaging apps. WhatsApp allows you to add a username or moreorless, a nickname but people can neither find nor add you with this username – something privacy lovers will appreciate.
Telegram on it’s own right is taking a different path. Since last year the company made it possible for you to add friends by username – without necessarily knowing their phone numbers – on their mobile app.
The advantage of a username is that you can share your contact details for Telegram without revealing your phone number, thus safeguarding some level of privacy. A lot of users has been asking us how to add a username to the app. So, here is a step to step guide:
Add Username on Telegram
Tap the Apps button on your Android screen. Locate and launch the Telegram application.
On the Telegram app tap the menu icon (represented with three horizontal lines) and open Settings. Among other options on settings, you will find Username which is set to ‘None‘ by default.
Tapping on the Username option will open a page where you can enter or modify your username. Simply enter your desired username on the text input box.
Usernames must be a minimum of five characters — so you can’t make up for losing out on a one-letter Twitter handle here — and can contain letters, numbers and underscores.
Save your new username by tapping ‘Good’ sign at the top-right side of your screen.
You are also free to change your alias, so long as the new one is not already taken.
Search recipes for this entry:
- example of username in telegram
- telegram app username detail
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- Plan your Week Ahead: 7 Must Have Android Applications for the Week
- 6 Must Have Android Apps for Science Students
- BlackBerry Priv sales out
- Android Secret Codes – Tricks you don’t Know about your Android Phone
- Android Pay Will Get You Back To Your Position As A Developer
- Turn on Smart Life with the latest Samsung Galaxy S6 – Samsung Galaxy S6 Specs
- It’s the Holidays, here are 10 Apps/Movies/Albums on Google play to get to get in the spirit.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update will be available for some LG G3 phones this week
- Android 5.0 Lollipop to hit the wild on November 3
- OnePlus $299 Smartphone Will be on Sale for One Hour on October 27