How to Add Facebook Comments Box to Oxwall Blog Posts
Most of you are already familiar with the Facebook Comment System in WordPress, Blogger and some CMS. In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how you can integrate the Facebook comment box into your Oxwall blog posts.
Why Facebook Comments Box?
Step 1: Obtaining Facebook App ID
- Click Create New App
- Enter a name for your App (e.g. Comment Box) and choose the category that best describe your website.
- Click continue and verify that you are a human.
- The next box will contain your application details and configuration. Kindly copy your App ID from the box at the top-left corner of the website. Now configure your App to look like the image below.
- If you are already using the Oxwall Facebook Plugin, I recommend you do not include the label (5) above.
Step 2: Integrating Facebook Comments Box in Oxwall Blog Posts
- Using an FTP or Cpanel, download and edit /ow_plugins/blogs/views/controllers/view_index.html
- Immediately before/above it, paste
- Replace 649247328430854 with your App ID.
- Save your Changes and clear your cache. Note: Your code will not work until you clear your cache.
Step 3: Configure Comments Box
Remove Default Comment Box
Save your changes and clear your cache.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - March 22, 2017
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - March 22, 2017
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - March 22, 2017