How To Add Facebook Recommendations Bar To Blogger
It’s designed to display additional recommended articles right after readers have finished reading an article or spent some time on your blog. It will collapse on page load and expand once a reader has reached a specific location on your blog or finished reading the post.
Only those articles are displayed that are previously liked or shared on Facebook. The number of likes are displayed under each article along with page title and a thumbnail. It also contains a like button and previously contained an Add to Timeline button that has been removed now.
Unlike Facebook Recommendations box which offered related stories but with lack of user friendly interface and engagement, Facebook bar will force readers to stay longer on your site leading to increased pageviews, page impressions and thus traffic.
HOW TO INSTALL ON BLOGGER
Step1: Create a Facebook Application
For this plugin to work you will need to create a Facebook App in seconds. The below method is the standard and correct method for creating any FB App you like.
- Log into Facebook Apps
- Click on Create New App button towards Top-right
- In the box that pops up, type “My Recommendation Bar” inside the App name field and leave other options as default. Click continue.
4. Enter the captcha security code. Click Submit
5. You are app is almost complete. Just click Website with Facebook Login tab and inside the box input your blog URL. See the screenshot below. Do not touch remaining options and click Save Changes.
6. You will see two strings of alpha-numerical characters. One is App ID and the other is App secret. Just copy the App ID code and keep it save in a notepad. We will need it later.
Congrats App finally created! Lets proceed to step2.
Step2: Add “Recommendations Bar” To Your Blog
Follow these steps to add the bar to Blogger:
- Go to Blogger > Template
- Backup your template
- Click Edit HTML > Proceed
- Search For this : <html
Replace it with this code:
This will make the plugin compatible in older versions of internet explorer also. Since blogger templates are coded in XML therefore inserting this XML namespace will enhance the plugin performance and compatibility.
5. Next search for <body> and just below this tag paste the following code:
Note: If you are using the new blogger templates like Simple, Awesome Inc., Travel, Watermark or Picture window then please search <body for instead. Make sure to paste the code below the entire body tag.
You are almost done. Make these changes:
- Replace *************** with your 15 digit App Id that you saved in step1.
- Replace http://www.gurusmaker.blogspot.com with your blog link
6. Save your template and you are all done!
Visit your blog and scroll down about 50% of your page and wait for 10 seconds for the plugin to expand. Enjoy the new way of free pageviews juice! 🙂
Below are optional customization and control options. You can skip them if you want
read_time: As soon as the user reaches a specified location, the plugin would expand and before expanding it will take some time. I have kept it equal to 10 seconds, you can increase it to 30 or more as you wish.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - January 23, 2017
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - January 23, 2017
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - January 23, 2017