How to Kick the Ass of your Image/Content Thief on Blogger and WordPress
I understand it when some bloggers grab contents from other website (with credit to the original source) to populate their blog and keep it active or grab a few lines from a rich content (in form of quote) to explain or lay emphasis on a subject.
I personally do not share interest on the method of which a blogger populate his/her (will be referred to as him in the remaining section of this post) blog, that’s what Google does right? However, copying my content and images with no link or credit pointing to the original source is where I come in.
Just recently, I wrote an article about sticking any web page element/widget on scroll only to find a duplicate of this article on another website. “There is absolutely no need to panic” I said to myself, expecting a big credit to my good work, only to be left disappointed when I couldn’t find any. Good thing I was blogging on the Blogger platform so I kicked his ass and kicked it real bad.
If you are in same situation and your blog is powered by Blogger or WordPress, don’t waste your time telling Google about this or filing a DMCA report. Just cool off, lets show this guy who the boss is.
Make it hell for them
|Watermarked & Branded Image|
Send him an email
Kick his ass
Editing Images on Blogger
- First, you need to visit your Google+ profile.
- Click on photos
- Scroll down to where you have your blog images
- Click on the image you want to edit and start editing the image.
- Click Finished Editing when you are done editing your image.
Edting Images on WordPress
- Login to you FTP account
- Open /wp-content/uploads/YEAR/MONTH/ folder in your WordPress installation path. Note: YEAR is the year you published the article and same goes for MONTH.
- Locate and download the images to your PC. To get the file name, right click on your image and click copy image location e.g. If your image name is kickingass and published April, 2013 then your image location will appear like this http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kickingass . Simply search for the file in correct image folder.
- After editing this images, upload them to the same folder you downloaded them.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - January 20, 2017
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - January 20, 2017
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - January 20, 2017