Job Vacancy: Project Director FMC Technologies, Ikoyi, Nigeria
FCM Technologies is the World’s Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 16,800 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
We currently have an opening for a Project Director in our Shell Portfolio Department.
- The project director is responsible for managing/directing all aspects of a major subsea project (typically > $500MM).
- The project director must be well versed in all applicable product lines, all applicable FMC regional offices and must be experienced managing large teams including but not limited to Project Managers and Systems Engineers.
- In addition to project execution experiences the project director must have proven experiences/skills in strategic planning and customer development.
- The project director is the project’s primary point of contact (both internal and external), he/she is responsible for hiring/managing resources and overseeing finances to ensure that the project progresses on time and on budget.
- This project is located in Nigeria and project team will be located in Lagos Nigeria.
- Serves as the single point of contact for the customer after the sale as assigned.
- Builds and maintains relationship with customer and other suppliers associated with the Project.
- Participates in the quotation process and standardized product solutions.
- Leads planning of project strategies including contracting, risk management, project controls, and project execution.
- Leads effort in developing Project Execution Plan. Procures executed customer Variation Order (VO) agreement.
- Manages and negotiates VO’s and other changes to the contract within their scope of work.
- Conducts scheduled VO reviews and updates VO summary log.
- Develops and maintains Master Issue’s list and Lessons Learned database.
- Conduct Previous Projects’ Lessons Learned Review.
- Ensures that project risks are identified and managed throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
- Develop and maintain Risk Response Plan and Register.
- Develop and implement Project Closeout plan.
- Develop final equipment disposition and storage plan. Execute Customer Acceptance Notification.
- Develop and implement Commercial Performance plan.
- Conduct periodic financial reviews.
- Ensures that a document control procedure is in place and is followed.
- Establishes and maintains a documented quality system as a means of ensuring that all elements of the Project conform to contract requirements, specific certificate standards and regulatory requirements.
- provides project management related information such as schedules and budgets.
- Provides the technical overview and implements the technical system interface within their scope of the project.
- Establish a realistic project schedule and monitors compliance with the defined project objectives and project management processes to ensure the timely completion of project milestones and final delivery.
- Develop Project Milestone Schedule with schedule compression strategy.
- Serves as the single point of contact with management for the Project and coordinates communication between the various functional areas and other FMCTI product areas involved in the project.
- Ensures that the project status and progress is effectively communicated to the FMCTI Project Team and to the customer. Develops and communicates the project budget.
- Approves all project related expenditures as authorized and manages costs to meet budget commitments.
- Ensures that adequate resources are applied to the project.
- Leads Stage Gate Process and ensure processes are implemented in all phases of project execution. Identifies and manages strategic risks, interfacing with the Gate Readiness Review Committee (GRRC) and the Decision Review Board (DRB).
- Develops integrated project team charter and lead team building, alignment, and communication processes. Crafts Project Team Staffing Plan and writes Organizational Interface Plan.
- Define team member responsibilities and tracks and monitors individual performance, quality of output and the impact of output on project delivery and profitability.
- Responsible for developing resources and ensuring adequate and effective succession planning across the project organization Identifies additional business opportunities and works with the proposal team to communicate customer requirements and to drive customer specifications toward
Skills And Requirements
- BS Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Procurement, Operations or related field. MBA or equivalent business experience.
- Must have Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or comparable experience. 20+ Spends 25% of time in a field environment or in a subcontractors shop and may be exposed to possible hazards including high noise, heavy machinery and inclement weather. Travels 5 – 25% of time and typically include international travel..
Frequent sitting and operating a computer and meeting with customers.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
- years’ experience as a Project Manager or comparable experience.
- Must demonstrate expert understanding of Project Management fundamentals, techniques and standards as defined by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Expert product knowledge of all product lines.
- Expert understanding of engineering, procurement, manufacturing and testing processes.
- Expert understanding of installation and commissioning processes.
- Expert leadership ability within a matrix team environment and contributes significantly to team performance.
- Understands division’s businesses, competing products and technologies and profit impact of decisions.
- Expert understanding of commercial terms and conditions and the risks/opportunities of each as applicable to contract management and business execution.
- Expert negotiation, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in project negotiations, multi- site/cultural interfaces and commercial management of contracts, supplier quality systems and development and implementation of project management strategies.
- PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, project scheduling, project financial systems MRP system and presentation software.
- Proven ability to affectively increase profitability and delivery of large scale projects by both commercial management, advocating value engineering, strategic procurement, risk mitigation and cash management skills.
- Demonstrates expert ability in the area of stakeholder management. Demonstrates expert understanding of Stage Gate Process and Subsea Project Management Local Work Instructions.
Houston Operating Procedures, Quality Training, START Safety Program, Advanced PC training.
Spends 75% of time in a temperature-controlled environment (office, airport, airplane).
To apply for this position, click here.