Job Vacancy: Public Relations Manager for Huawei Technologies
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong. Their Nigerian office located in Lagos has set sight on a new PR manager for the local branch.
Executing the PR plans and programs of the corporate marketing unit, as agreed and set out by management making optimum use of the PR agency.
Planning and directing all PR efforts, leveraging internal and external events, initiatives and activities including Media activities
Ensuring targeted and effective dissemination of relevant press releases and activities of the Huawei Nigeria
Ensuring high and basic level visibility for all Media activities and initiatives
Management of PR element of all events & exhibitions in order to ensure recognition of a broader audience and to generate publicity (Press interviews, media visits)
Ensuring zero or minimal negative media mentions for Huawei Nigeria
Supervision and editing of the writing of media releases and press materials
Deployment of PR support for all initiatives emanating from relevant business units
Implementing the work programs and plans of the Corporate Communications unit in line with agreed upon policies and processes
Management of inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various divisions within the Brands and Communication department and with other departments
Creative interpretation of all marketing and sponsorship briefs
Leveraging sponsored propertied and events to ensure sponsorship objectives are achieved
Maintaining strong professional and interpersonal relationships with key ICT, Brands, Sports, Entertainment and other journalists with a view to maintaining a core loyalty group of journalists. Identifying and leveraging new technologies, as well as creatively adapting traditional communication mediums to continually improve and enhance company public image.
Interfacing with mid and top level media managers and editors with a view to maintaining excellent top level leverageable relationships.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree educated with previous PR and communications experience of 3-5yrs in a professional services environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrable experience of advising and influencing senior stakeholders
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office 2010
- Good working knowledge of Nigeria Media
Personal skills / attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information
- Able to quickly establish good working relationships and promote best practice across all offices and at all levels
- Highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, innovative and creative with required determination to achieve results.
- A successful team player, can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, whilst also being able to follow instructions and support the PR & Communications Director as appropriate
- Highly organised in order to successfully manage and prioritise a varied and demanding workload
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to work and a strong focus on accuracy, with an understanding of the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
- Polite and confident in manner and ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting
- Shows resilience to overcome obstacles to deliver what is required
- Carries out all responsibilities in a way which supports the Company’s values and promotes its equal opportunities and diversity principles
- Ability to be an ambassador for Huawei, being professional in outlook and attitude
Help a friend to get this job position by sharing this post on social media. Click the social media buttons below.
Search recipes for this entry:
- vacancies for public affairs manager in nigeria
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - October 28, 2016
- Oxwall MySQL Database (OWSQL101): How to Add, Retrieve or Delete Values in Oxwall Config Database - October 28, 2016
- Plan your Week Ahead: 7 Must Have Android Applications for the Week - October 28, 2016