Job Vacancy: Senior Procurement Manager, Nexius, Inc.
Nexius is the leader in delivering end-to-end wireless services and software solutions to industries worldwide. The company’s ~1000 dedicated professionals serve as subject matter experts, providing Technology Strategy, Network Services, and Software Solutions to many of today’s leading organizations. Nexius closely collaborates with their customers to deliver the strategic insight, proven experience, and practical knowledge necessary to transform their business through wireless.
Nexius is on a steady path of growth in the U.S. and globally, ranking as the 103rd fastest growing business in America by Entrepreneur Magazine and in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and the Inc. 5000 lists. Headquartered in Allen, Texas, Nexius has offices in Washington DC, Seattle, Dallas, Puerto Rico, Dubai, London, Sao Paulo, Mexico and Argentina.
Senior Procurement Manager
We are hiring a Senior Procurement Manager. This role will be part of the Corporate Operations team. While our corporate headquarters is based in Allen, TX, we are willing to consider virtual work for the best-qualified candidate.
- Develops and implements an efficient, effective strategic sourcing, procurement and distribution function in support of the strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- Develops and implements a compliance program and regulations to prevent fraud and ensure adherence to best practices in any procurement activities.
- Lead the Procurement organization and drive sourcing business objectives and strategic initiatives, with focus on market project related services procurement activities.
- Manage activities related to strategic and tactical purchasing for services, suppliers/GCs.
- Develop and manage the Procurement including setting targets and monitoring performance
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain functions to improve organizational, system and process efficiency
- Coordinate with planners & deployment primes from regional markets to forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure availability of services needed, including but not limited to Construction, Site Acquisition, Installation, A&E, etc.
- Ability to lead complex negotiations and secure the best price & commercial terms for the company (subcontractors and material vendors).
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Implement new or improve the existing Purchasing processes.
- Optimize the supply base and drive supplier spend consolidation where applicable
- Develop material/services costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Develop a supplier engagement model to select, evaluate and manage suppliers.
- Gather and analyze supplier performance data & metrics.
- Build Supplier Relationships at a senior level to help the company’s purchasing & negotiation position. Work closely with key suppliers on cost reduction and other value add programs
- Document Procurement processes such as workflows.
- Ensures the Procurement team has the tools, processes, skillsets and training to successfully perform procurement activities.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiations , and ability to drive a win-win deal.
- Sound Managerial skills including the ability to lead a team.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve processes and business practices.
- Possesses entrepreneurial qualities.
- Stress tolerant and decisive.
- Able to collaborate , honest, trustworthy, and transparent
- Experience leading the development and implementation of strategic procurement plans including purchasing, sourcing and vendor selection. Best if this experience is in the Telecom industry – network deployment.
- Experience in leading teams of up to 7 people or more
- Established relationships/contacts with General Contractors (GCs) in the telecom services space nationwide or in specific markets is a huge asset.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - October 24, 2016
- Oxwall MySQL Database (OWSQL101): How to Add, Retrieve or Delete Values in Oxwall Config Database - October 24, 2016
- Plan your Week Ahead: 7 Must Have Android Applications for the Week - October 24, 2016