Senior Usability Specialist for WiseTech Global (EDI)
The Usability Specialist drives activities related to user testing, task analysis, usability analysis, user interface evaluation, OOBE of robotic products and associated user interfaces from concept to production. Works closely with Product Marketing, Program Management, Industrial Design, Engineering, and outside consultants.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Define and manage user testing requirements and procedures to deliver the optimum user experience for integrated software and hardware solutions
- Identify and benchmark outstanding examples of user interfaces that can inspire and guide UI development efforts
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of hardware and digital user interfaces.
- Synthesize findings into concise reports/recommendations – present findings in a well-articulated and convincing manner to diverse stakeholders, including UX designers, industrial designers, graphic designers, information architects, Marketing, and Engineering project teams.
- Support colleagues in User Experience Design so as to:
- Translate the insights thus gained into actionable design directions,
- Make UI, GUI and ergonomic recommendations based on heuristics and accepted good practices,
- Ensure user needs are being communicated and prioritized throughout development process and across all touch-points.
- Participate in research and customer insights activities aimed at a deep understanding of iRobot’s existing and prospective users.
- Maintain internal client relationships in order to ensure that business objectives are met within constraints of schedules and budget.
- BS or BFA degree in Usability, Ethnography, Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or related discipline.
- 3 years minimum experience in usability (5 for Senior).
- Experience designing and executing usability test plans for digital and physical products.
- Strong knowledge of user research/ ethnography, and usability principles.
- Proven record of working with Engineering teams to bring successful products to market.
- Curiosity and understanding of emerging technology, particularly smart device applications.
- Demonstrated empathetic approach to understanding and meeting the needs of users.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, and the ability to present clearly and effectively to larger groups.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills; capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with wide latitude for independent thinking and decision-making, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Passion for designing appealing, revolutionary products that make an impact on people’s lives.
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust.
- Ability to fabricate user interface mock-ups and models using various media and tools.
- Knowledge of Human Factors principles.
- Understanding of infrastructure and web/smart device protocols.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Click here to apply for job position.