Limit the Number of Text of each Post in Oxwall Blog List
When a person visit the blog page of your oxwall powered website, by default, the persons sees a long list of full blog posts, believe me, people don’t need to see all that. You can limit what they see by truncating the blog items, this means that instead of seeing the full blog post (default), people will now see only the post details (post details include: title, author name, author picture and date) and a short preview (possible the first paragraph of each post) of the blog index items, they will now have to click on the read more buttons to view the full blog content.
How to Truncate your Blog Items
- Logon to ftp/cpanel
- Download and edit this file /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/blog.php
- Using a code editor, edit /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/blog.php
- Find this code:
$text = explode("<!--more-->", $dto->getPost());
- and replace it with:
$text = explode("<!--more-->", UTIL_String::truncate( strip_tags($dto->getpost()), 539, "<!--more-->" ) );
- Save your changes.
Clear your Cache
As usual, you need to clear your cache for your changes to be effective. Follow the steps here to clear your cache.
A Little Twist and Turn
Search recipes for this entry:
- oxwall blog characters
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Awale, Backgammon and 1 other Game Technology has transformed - October 28, 2016
- Oxwall MySQL Database (OWSQL101): How to Add, Retrieve or Delete Values in Oxwall Config Database - October 28, 2016
- Plan your Week Ahead: 7 Must Have Android Applications for the Week - October 28, 2016