Place Ads Code Inside Oxwall Blog Post
Who Needs Ad Inside Blog Post?
If you are asking this question, my best guess is that you are using the advertisement plugin from the store, but may I ask you a question, how effective has the advertisement plugin been?
- Also read: How to Add adsense code within oxwall forum topics
- How to Show Only Post Titles In Oxwall Blog Lists
- How to Make An Oxwall Profile Or Index Plugin Widget Appear In Dashboard
Limitations of Advertisement Plugin
The oxwall advertisement plugin is one of the few plugins I regarded when I was new to oxwall (I still regard it now), it has some amazing features such as geo-targeting (yes, you can target an ad for a particular country/region with advertisement plugin), choosing specific position and pages to place ads, managing your ad and placement right from your admin dashboard and most essentially, it is free! These are awesome features, aren’t they? But is it really enough?
With no disrespect to the great oxwall developer who made this awesome plugin, I would like to say that the oxwall advertisement plugin is a way too limited to run your community website. Consider the number of people who publish forum and blog post everyday in your community website, now consider the number of people who read this topics, do you think you can do better with clicks and impressions?
Ofcourse you can do better!
Placing ads within blog or forum post will increase your click rate (ofcourse, impressions too) in an unbelievable manner, the truth is that users tends to visit the blog more often than any other page in your oxwall powered site, this traffic, most times comes from search engine and social media, so you need to take advantage of this “free traffic” and maximize your ads revenue.
All in One Step: Place Your Ads Code Inside Oxwall Blog Post
I don’t want to go into long explanation that will bore you, lets make this as simple as you will find it. In the image above you will notice two sizes of ads (250*250 As and 728*90 Ad), I will show you how to implement those ads.
- Using ftp/cpanel download and edit view_index.html:
Using a good code editor like Notepad++ locate the following key:
- By default you should find the above code in line 4 but I recommend you use ctrl+f for search. Just before (above) the above key paste the following code:
<div style=’float:right; padding: 5px; margin: 5px;’>
REPLACE THIS TEXTS WITH YOUR 250*250 ADS CODE
728*90 Below Blog Title Ad
- Just at the top of the page before the first <div class=”clearfix”> paste the following code:
YOUR 728*90 AD CODE GOES HERE</center>
- Save your changes
Complete the Process….
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Darwin Life Aims to Impregnate 40 and Above Women with Designer Babies - July 21, 2017
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - July 21, 2017
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - July 21, 2017