Reddit plans on giving back to the communities and users with Reddit Notes
After securing $50 million in outside funding back in September, Reddit had promised it would find a way to let the community own 10 percent of those shares. Today, it is revealing some details as to how: Reddit Notes.
Details are still vague, but Reddit will host a random lottery to give away around 950,000 notes to divide among active users. They will then be able to deposit their notes into a virtual wallet, after which they can use the funds to “tip, donate or trade.”
Reddit Notes started taking shape after listening to thousands of requests from users and considering some ideas of its own. The company notes its still working out the kinks – such as how the plan will work under government regulations – and plans to start handing out the notes in fall of 2015.
Latest posts by Jake Bruton (see all)
- YouTube’s demonetization finally recognized; popular creators mad - September 5, 2016
- Why Pokemon GO Falls Short - August 25, 2016
- SONY announces increase in PS+ Pricing. How will this affect the service? - August 23, 2016
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- December 9, 2015
- December 1, 2015
- How To
- January 14, 2014
- How To
- January 29, 2014