Most of you are already familiar with the Facebook Comment System in WordPress, Blogger and some CMS. In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how you can integrate the Facebook comment box into your Oxwall blog posts.
Why Facebook Comments Box?
Step 1: Obtaining Facebook App ID
- Click Create New App
- Enter a name for your App (e.g. Comment Box) and choose the category that best describe your website.
- Click continue and verify that you are a human.
- The next box will contain your application details and configuration. Kindly copy your App ID from the box at the top-left corner of the website. Now configure your App to look like the image below.
- If you are already using the Oxwall Facebook Plugin, I recommend you do not include the label (5) above.
Step 2: Integrating Facebook Comments Box in Oxwall Blog Posts
- Using an FTP or Cpanel, download and edit /ow_plugins/blogs/views/controllers/view_index.html
- Immediately before/above it, paste
- Replace 649247328430854 with your App ID.
- Save your Changes and clear your cache. Note: Your code will not work until you clear your cache.
Step 3: Configure Comments Box
Remove Default Comment Box
Save your changes and clear your cache.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- EaseUS Free Data Recovery Wizard Lets you get back lost files - August 27, 2017
- Darwin Life Aims to Impregnate 40 and Above Women with Designer Babies - June 14, 2017
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - December 25, 2016
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- June 22, 2014
- May 13, 2013
- May 5, 2014
- November 23, 2013
- July 8, 2014
- September 8, 2013