The ‘Restrict View’ option can be used to specify what user sees a particular widget on your Oxwall powered website. This option is based on the user roles you have created and you may need to update the option each time you add a new user role.
If you add a new widget to your Oxwall website, by default, the visibility is set to all, i.e. Every user of your community website (including guests) will be able to see this widget.
However, there are some widgets you want only those in a specific user group/role to see, or you might want to hide a particular widgets entirely from guests and maybe visible to members only.
How to Set Oxwall Widgets Visibility
To set who sees a particular widget on your Oxwall site, kindly visit the widget arrangement section. Below is the widget arrangement section of each page on your Oxwall website.
Main – http://yoursite.com/index/customize
Dashboard – http://yoursite.com/admin/user-dashboard
Profile – http://yoursite.com/admin/user-profile
When you visit any of the widget arrangement section above, click on the icon just above the widget you want to set its visibility and follow the steps below.
- Check the box next to Restrict View.
- Check the boxes of the roles you want your widget to be visible to, from the ‘Visible for user roles‘ section. If you want to hide this widget only from guests, simply uncheck the box behind ‘Guest‘ and check other user roles. Note: By default, every member is added to ‘Free‘ user role, this setting can however, be changed from http://yoursite.com/admin/users/roles, you can as well customize and create new user roles from there.
- When you are done with your changes, hit the Save button. See image below for a demonstration.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- EaseUS Free Data Recovery Wizard Lets you get back lost files - August 27, 2017
- Darwin Life Aims to Impregnate 40 and Above Women with Designer Babies - June 14, 2017
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - December 25, 2016
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- January 16, 2014
- August 19, 2013
- November 23, 2013
- February 15, 2014
- January 16, 2014