When a person visit the blog page of your oxwall powered website, by default, the persons sees a long list of full blog posts, believe me, people don’t need to see all that. You can limit what they see by truncating the blog items, this means that instead of seeing the full blog post (default), people will now see only the post details (post details include: title, author name, author picture and date) and a short preview (possible the first paragraph of each post) of the blog index items, they will now have to click on the read more buttons to view the full blog content.
How to Truncate your Blog Items
- Logon to ftp/cpanel
- Download and edit this file /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/blog.php
- Using a code editor, edit /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/blog.php
- Find this code:
$text = explode("<!--more-->", $dto->getPost());
- and replace it with:
$text = explode("<!--more-->", UTIL_String::truncate( strip_tags($dto->getpost()), 539, "<!--more-->" ) );
- Save your changes.
Clear your Cache
As usual, you need to clear your cache for your changes to be effective. Follow the steps here to clear your cache.
A Little Twist and Turn
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- EaseUS Free Data Recovery Wizard Lets you get back lost files - August 27, 2017
- Darwin Life Aims to Impregnate 40 and Above Women with Designer Babies - June 14, 2017
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - December 25, 2016
- TAGS :
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App