The Director of Procurement is a regional role and includes (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the global spend category teams to implement Oracle’s procurement policies and procedures in the African region with a focus on increasing spend under management, cost savings, and risk mitigation
- Providing leadership and strategic direction across all procurement matters in the African region
- Negotiating and/or reviewing purchase transactions and associated supplier agreements of varying complexity and for various services to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with Oracle’s guidelines
- Developing and enforcing corporate policies and monitoring activities to ensure that policy objectives are met
- Educating internal employees and business partners on corporate policies and procedures
- Advising internal employees and business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs
- Directing periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Identifying emerging risks faced by Oracle entities in the African region and implementing controls to mitigate them
- Preparing monthly/quarterly risk assessment updates for Corporate Governance Board
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience and a BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of management experience including hiring and managing a professional staff, setting objectives, measuring and improving performance, establishing best practices, developing and enforcing policy, and making key decisions
- Procurement experience including sourcing, cost/price analysis, contracting, and supplier management
- Demonstrated track record of managing programs/projects, meeting deadlines, and driving business process improvement and automation
- Highly cultivated interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships with and influence individuals both up and down the organizational hierarchy
- Strong leadership skills including ability to lead in a global organization
- TAGS :
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App