Oxwall 1.7.2 – What’s New in the latest Oxwall Software and how to Upgrade
Why you need to update your platform
Whenever a new version of Oxwall is rolled out, there is always a thought of whether the update is worth the stress. Sometimes they are, other times they are not. At the end, it all boils down to the idea behind your social networking software. “Does this update affect the basic features of my site?” “Will the new release affect my users experience?” are some of the few questions you ask yourself.
We will try and help you answer some of those questions and hopefully give you a good enough reason to update or NOT to update your platform.
Normally, every Oxwall platform update comes with a lot of bugs fixes from the previous version and latest security patch. If this isn’t reason enough to update your platform, then consider the improved core files and new features added to the platform. We will take a look at some of them below:
New Avatar system
Some basic features of Oxwall has been begging to be overhauled, the Avatar system plugin is one of those features. The system plugin started life from the day 1 of Oxwall and has received no attention whatsoever from the developers until now. However, Oxwall has completed a total overhaul on how the plugin works this term.
In previous version, clicking on the
New Moderation Tools
The flagging feature on your site has finally being put to an effective use in Oxwall 1.7.2. The flagging system plugin allows your website users to flag contents they find abusive on offending. The new moderation tools page in your admin area will help you review contents that has been flagged by users and moderate them properly.
Message Plugin now has Text Formatting Feature
The messaging plugin has been improved this time to allow your users to format their messages properly; your users can now bold, italize, underline or link a particular word or line of words using the formatting tools right in their message box.
Other added features
- Option for admin/moderator to list the reason for the user suspension, which will be send to users’ email address. – System Plugin
- Option for suspended users to delete their profiles from the site. – System Plugin
- Button “Mail notifications” in the Console for quicker access. – System Plugin
- Error message to be displayed when a user changes password, but enters a wrong value during password confirmation. – System Plugin
- Correct https support for operation of individual SSL pages. – System Plugin
- Formatting buttons, including bold, italic, underline, and link. – Message Plugin
- Option to perform group actions with conversations. – Message Plugin
- Attachment indicator for a conversation in the list, if it includes at least one attachment inside. – Message Plugin
- Option “Allow to send messages once in” for admin to prevent receiving spam sent by bots. – Message Plugin
- Social sharing buttons on the “Photo view” page, if the Social Sharing plugin is installed. – Photo Plugin
- Option to include hashtags for photos in any language. – Photo Plugin
- Added support of thumbnail grabbing for embed videos from Facebook – Video Plugin
How to Update you Platform
http://example.com/adminand click on the
To update your platform manually, download Oxwall update pack 1.7.2 from the software download page and follow the steps below.
- Upload the Oxwall update pack 1.7.2 zip file to your server where Oxwall is installed.
- Unpack/Extract the content on the zip file (overwrite existing old files).
When update is completed, re-activate your plugins and update your theme and plugins.
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- February 20, 2014
- August 19, 2013
- October 21, 2013
- July 19, 2013
- October 20, 2015
- June 19, 2014